Although big weddings mean BIG celebrations, here are 10 reasons why small weddings have become one of the latest trends...
1. You are able to surround yourself with your truest friends and loved ones. This adds such an intimate feeling to one of the most intimate moments in your life. When you look around, you see real emotion coming from the people that have meant the most in your life.
2. Your guests feel more appreciated and taken care of. Try helping 150 out of town guests feel comfortable in their new surroundings...not easily done. When you limit that number down to 30, you are able to make sure that everyone is taken care of.
3. Guests tend to mingle more when there are less people. It will be easier for your guests to get to know each other more intimately when the number of guests do not reach the hundreds.
4. You can relax...to an extent. Less people means less chances for things to go wrong. Also, when your guest list only includes people that you are really close to, you tend to feel more comfortable and more adaptable to things that were not in the plan.
5. You are able to get your guests involved. Be creative and make the event fun and unique with special memory making events.
6. Want to save some money? Keeping your guest list to a minimum can cut thousands of dollars off your budget.
7. Now that you are saving money, you have room to splurge. You may have room in your budget for some extraordinary details that would not have been possible if it weren't for the smaller guest list.
8. Not all venues are able to cater to large guest lists. When you cut back on the number of people, more options begin to open up for you.
9. You are able to customize your wedding and make it unique to you and your future spouse. Little touches go a long way. The more creative you get, the more memorable your event will be.
10. You are able to spend more time with your loved ones during the celebrations. Your day will fly by, and it will go even faster if you are trying to speak with everyone of your hundreds of guests. Why not cut down on the number and spend some quality time with the people that you are closest too?
Large weddings are fabulous too and super fun to plan. I could definitely write 10 reasons to have a large wedding as well. It is all up to the couple and what feels right to them.